East Sussex Community Voice (ESCV) worked across East Sussex to involve people in having a say and influence on how their services are delivered.
The East Sussex Community Voice Young Inspectors, were a team of young people trained to provide a service to organisations through a range of inspection methods, these include:
- mystery shopping,
- questionnaire, and;
- Youth proofing strategic documents.
Young Inspectors are skilled in advising services and organisations about how they can make their service more accessible for young people, and ensure the service/organisation is effective at meeting the needs of local young people.
This process included looking at what is on offer to young people, accessibility (including documents), customer satisfaction, communication skills and attitudes of staff to young people, the involvement of young people in the design and delivery of the service and lastly, the general environment.
During this time, the Young Inspectors visited:
- Local schools and colleges
- Tomorrow’s People project in Heathfield
- Met with the Princes Trust
- Attended the Inspire annual conference
- Olympic Park in Stratford, London
- Eastbourne District General Hospital (mini Patient Lead Assessment of the Care Environment (PLACE)